Starbucks is home to hundreds of sweet combinations of food items and beverages. From teas to decadent frozen treats, there is something for every taste bud. One of their most popular menu items is the Frappuccino.
Sweet tooths, rejoice! Besides other popular Starbucks drinks, you have one more option: the Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino is a decadent, chocolatey delight. You can try to make it home without spending $7 at your local coffee shop!
What Is Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino?
The Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino is a chocolatey frozen beverage with coffee and chocolate cookie crumbles. It has the sweet taste of a milkshake with the caffeine boost of your favorite coffee beverage.
This is an ideal treat for anyone that enjoys caffeine but does not like a strong coffee taste.
What’s in the Drink?
To make a Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino, the barista blends ice with milk, coffee, frappuccino syrup and chips, mocha sauce, and cookie crumbles. The drink is topped with whipped cream, chocolate cookie crumbles, and a mocha drizzle.
How Is It Made at Starbucks?
At Starbucks, the grande Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino begins with three pumps of Frappuccino roast. Next, whole milk is added to the cup with three pumps of mocha sauce, three scoops of Frappuccino chips, and coffee or creme Frappuccino syrup. The final ingredient for the drink is ice.
Once the ingredients are in the cup, the barista will blend the contents until it is smooth. The drink is topped with whipped cream, and chocolate cookie crumble toppings.
Although it contains some protein, the Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino is not the healthiest Starbucks menu option. A grande Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino contains 55g sugar, 62g carbohydrates, 270mg sodium, and 24g total fat. It has 480 calories and 95mg of caffeine.
With these ingredients, you should enjoy the drink in moderation. However, everyone deserves a sweet treat, and you can enjoy the occasional Starbucks Frappuccino and still lead a healthy lifestyle.
Another option is to make it at home and add your own healthy or extra indulgent twists. To make a healthier version of the Frappuccino, try experimenting with reduced fat milk or dairy-free milk substitutes.
Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino Recipe
- Espresso Machine or other coffee makers that make strong coffee
- tall glass
- 2 shots espresso or two ounces of strong brewed coffee
- 6 pieces Oreo cookies or other chocolate flavor cookies
- 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp mocha sauce
- 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cups ice cubes
- Whipped cream, Cocoa powder, Chocolate shaving for garnish (Optional)
- Gather the ingredients: Oreos, instant espresso, whole milk, chocolate sauce, chocolate chips, and ice.
- Blend about six to eight Oreos, remove, and set aside.
- Pull double shots of espresso, or prepare instant espresso with 2 oz of boiling water.
- Pour milk and espresso into the blender.
- Add the majority of crushed Oreos into the blender with liquid ingredients and save a small amount for garnish.
- Add chocolate syrup or mocha sauce and chocolate chips to the blender.
- Add ice and blend to desired consistency.
- Add whipped cream and mocha sauce to the bottom of your serving cup.
- Pour the blended frappuccino mixture into the cup.
- Garnish the drink with vanilla whipped cream, the rest oreo cookie crumbles and mocha sauce drizzle.
How To Make a Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino at Home?
Making a Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino at home is easier than you thought. We have included a list of substitutions that you likely have in your kitchen that are the equivalent of the Starbucks ingredients. Head to your cupboards and get out the following:
Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino Ingredients:
- Frappuccino roast: Espresso shots or strong brew coffee (Or instant coffee)
- Frappuccino chips: Regular chocolate chips
- Cookie crumbs: Crushed Oreo cookies
- Other ingredients: Milk, ice, chocolate sauce
- Optional toppings: vanilla or chocolate whipped cream topping, cocoa powder,
- Espresso machine, moka pot, AeroPress
- Tall glass
Follow this step-by-step Starbucks copycat recipe for making this tasty treat at home.
Gather and sort your basic ingredients. You should have Oreos, whole milk, chocolate syrup or mocha sauce, chocolate chips, whipped cream, and ice.
Place about six to eight Oreo cookies into a blender or mixer and blend until they are crushed. Remove and place into a bowl. If you do not have a blender, a sandwich bag will work. Place the Oreos in the bag and crush them with the palm of your hand or a rolling pin.
Make a shot of espresso coffee with your coffee maker. If you don’t have one, add about one teaspoon of your instant coffee to the cup, add 2 to 3 oz of boiling water and stir until dissolved. Then add this to the blender.
Measure out about a half cup of whole milk. Add it to the liquid mixture in the blender.
Add most of the crushed Oreo cookies into the blender with the liquid ingredients, reserving a small amount of about one-fourth of a cup for later.
Add your desired amount of chocolate syrup or mocha sauce and ¼ cup of chocolate chips to the blender.
Add about 1/2 cup of ice and blend until you reach your desired consistency.
Add whipped cream to the bottom of your tall glass, and squeeze some chocolate sauce if you prefer a sweeter taste.
Pour the blended mixture into the cup.
Top with vanilla whipped cream, cookie crumbles, and chocolate syrup or mocha sauce drizzle.
Make Your Own Mocha Cookie Frappuccino Now
The Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino is the perfect blend of sweetness and coffee taste. It’s a delicious drink for coffee-lovers, and sweet tooths alike.
Follow this frappuccino recipe and bring your favorite coffee drink home! You can perfectly replicate the drink in just a few minutes!