No one would deny that having a milk frother in your kitchen is advantageous. One of the best brands of milk frothers comes from Nespresso. The brand manufactures high-quality capsule machines. They have introduced the Nespresso Aeroccino 4 Milk Frother, a product with plenty of features that users highly appreciate. So you can explore delicious espresso-based specialty drink recipes at home.
Read on to learn more about this frother, including its design and build quality, performance, ease to clean, value for money, how to use and clean the frother, and its comparison with Aeroccino 3.
Nespresso Aeroccino is one of our best-picked milk frothers, check out the full list for more options.
About Nespresso Aeroccino
Aeroccino is a line of milk frothers accessories. They’re made by Nespresso, a perfect match with their Original Nespresso machines and Vertuo machines. Frothing milk is quite different from steaming milk. In this case, frothing injects air into your milk, at the same time heating it. It makes amazing foam for beverages such as latte macchiatos and cappuccinos at home in a simple way.
Also check out our best picks of the Nespresso coffee machines.
Nespresso Aeroccino 4 Review
|Nespresso Aeroccino4 Milk Frother, One Size,...||968 Reviews||See on Amazon|
|Nespresso Aeroccino3 Milk Frother, One Size, Black||7,020 Reviews||See on Amazon|
Last update on 2023-05-31 / As an Amazon Associate, if you buy via the links, Brewcoffeehome earns a commission at no extra cost to you.
Design and Build Quality
The Nespresso frother has a metal jug with a chrome finish exterior, while the inside has a non-stick coating. The rest of the components (the base, whisker, transparent lid, and seal) are plastic. The jug handle is also plastic. You’ll find an electrical connector and four buttons at the slim line base.
The standout feature for Aeroccino 4 is the whisk. You can use it for trying different recipes at home, be it hot milk, cold, or hot froth. It’s also magnetic, making it easy for the whisk to stick to the bottom of the jug when you place it inside.
It offers a simple one-touch operation. Each button at the base is for a different milk texture for different coffee drinks. These include making hot milk, cold froth, warm and dense milk foam, and warm and airy milk foam. All these four button panels are easy to understand and even use.
The transparent plastic lid allows users to watch the preparation process from the start to the end. In addition, the seal protects the Aeroccino from accidental spitting.
The exterior design of this Nespresso milk frother is quite simple. Unlike the rest of the Nespresso brands that feature a bit of an elevated vibe, Aeroccino 4’s aesthetics are a bit obscure. However, its compact footprint makes it easily fit in a smaller kitchen.
Types of Milk Froth for Different Drinks
Nespresso Aeroccino 4 Milk Frother can make four types of milk froth. This explains why it has four modes or buttons at the bottom.
Each control represents:
- Cold Milk Froth Capacity: This creates cold milk froth without heating, which is ideal for iced coffee or iced macchiato. .
- Heated Milk: Hot milk is suitable for hot chocolate or a latte. It heats the milk to optimal temperature only without creating foam.
- Hot Milk Froth: It’s good for cappuccinos or lattes with the corresponding whisk.
- Hot Milk Thick Froth: If you create a creamier mouthfeel, this milk froth is excellent, especially great for a macchiato.
Milk Frothing Performance
This Aeroccino milk frother is automatic. Once you press one of its four buttons, the milk preparation process begins. When your milk is ready to serve, the milk frother automatically shuts off. Its preparation speed is something every owner will admire. It only takes 80 seconds to make hot or cold milk froth. On the other hand, this milk frother quickly heats the milk to 160°F to 170°F in just 150 seconds.
You can even switch off without waiting for an automatic stoppage by pressing the same button you used to start the device.
Aeroccino 4 allows you to prepare frothed milk for two cups of coffee simultaneously. The milk froth capacity is 120 ml (4 ounces), while the maximum hot milk capacity is 240 ml (8 ounces).
While the device sorts out whole milk, 2%milk, organic milk, and half-and-half milk nicely, some users have reported controversial performance with non-dairy alternative milks such as almond milk and soy milk. The results vary from brand to brand and from time to time, making it difficult to judge Aeroccino 4 Milk Frother’s ability with non-dairy milk. You can try different brands and see which one works the best.
Ease of Use
Using Aeroccino 4 Milk Frother is quite easy thanks to the one-touch preparation. Once you set up the device following the instructions manual, you only need to insert the whisker into the jug. Then, fill it with milk to the “Max foam” or “Max Milk” level marks, place the lid on top.
And after plugging it into an outlet, press one button depending on the milk froth you’re preparing. It’s that simple.
Ease Of Clean
Cleaning Aeroccino 4 Milk Frother is also effortless. This is because all its parts are dishwasher safe except the base. When cleaning, disassemble its three main parts (the base, spindle, and jug) and wash them separately. You can hand wash all these components with warm soapy water, except the base (which you should wipe with a piece of cloth).
Alternatively, you can put your frother in a dishwasher, ensuring it doesn’t exceed 158°F. Note that submerging the base in water or even placing the jug on the base before it’s dry can result in damage.
Value for Money
While we can say Nespresso Aeroccino 4 Milk Frother is pricey, it offers excellent value for money. Remember, the device offers four milk froth options, which you cannot find even in Aeroccino 3.
Users need to understand that this is a fancier and more updated model of this Nespresso design. Though it offers only a little more than the Aeroccino 3, its build quality and brand awareness are above average and better.
How to Use Nespresso Frother
To use your Nespresso Aeroccino 4 Milk Frother, follow these basic steps:
- First, wipe the jug with a clean damp cloth before using it for the first time.
- Place the whisk element into position.
- Add milk to your desired level. Ensure you don’t go over the maximum capacity mark. Don’t go past the lowest level indicator on the inside wall for milk froth preparations. The highest-level indicator is for milk preparations with no froth.
- Place the lid on your device and place it on the base.
- Select the style of milk froth your coffee requires or simply warm milk. Then wait until the selected button becomes steady.
- You can stop the preparation by pressing the same button or removing the Aeroccino from the base.
- Your milk is now ready to add to your coffee.
How to Clean Aeroccino 4
It’s worth noting that you should clean your Aeroccino 4 after every use. To clean your device correctly, follow these steps:
- Before removing your milk frother from the base, ensure it’s cold. Alternatively, you can rinse the milk residue with cold water. This ensures it doesn’t burn you.
- Don’t place the base in your dishwasher as you place your other elements to avoid damaging it. Never allow it to get wet.
- Once you remove the jug from the base, disassemble it starting with the whisk. Then, dismantle the spring before removing the seal from the lid.
- You can hand wash your milk frother using hot soapy water and wipe it with a clean, damp cloth.
- Never use any brushes, abrasives, or sharp objects on the jug, to avoid damaging its coating.
- Ensure the jug is completely dry before placing it on the base once again.
Favorite Coffee Beverage Recipes
Here are a few quick and easy milk recipes to make using your Aeroccino 4 machine.
Froth Milk for Latte Macchiato
To use Aeroccino 4 to prepare froth milk for Latte Macchiato, follow these simple steps:
- Fill the jug with 110ml of fresh milk or to the max level for foam.
- Press the hot milk button, and as your milk heats, prepare your espresso.
- Fill your macchiato glass with hot milk. Then, pour your espresso down one side of the glass gently. Allow the coffee to move through your milk.
- Fill the jug again, with 110ml of fresh milk, or to the max level for foam.
- Press the Latte Macchiato (thick foam) button.
- Once the hot milk foam is ready, pour your milk froth over a non-metallic spoon into the glass. This ensures you don’t scratch the surface.
- You can now have a nicely layered latte macchiato and enjoy.
Froth Milk for Cappuccino
- First, prepare an espresso within your cappuccino cup.
- Fill the jug with 100ml of fresh milk to the max level for foam, and press the Cappuccino button.
- Once your milk is ready, pour it gently onto the espresso.
- You may sprinkle the finish of your choice and enjoy your cappuccino.
Froth Milk for Caffe Latte
To prepare the perfect Caffe Latte:
- Prepare a capsule of espresso or lungo.
- Fill the jug with 100ml of fresh milk or to the max level for foam, and press the heated milk button.
- Once your steamed milk is ready, lovingly pour it over your lungo.
- Relax and enjoy your caffe latte.
Nespresso Aeroccino 3 vs 4
While Aeroccino 3 and 4 have numerous similarities, they still have their differences.
Last update on 2023-06-01 / As an Amazon Associate, if you buy via the links, Brewcoffeehome earns a commission at no extra cost to you.
Some of these similarities include:
- Both models can make hot foam and cold foam, achieving similar results.
- Both models can froth milk quite fast in approximately 80 seconds.
- Both models are automatic.
The differences are evident in these areas:
- Design: Aeroccino 4 features a sleek chrome finish, while the 3rd design often comes in black plastic. Aeroccino 4 comes with a spout for easy pouring and a handle.
- Capacity/Size: Aeroccino 3 has a 4-inch diameter, but Aeroccino 4 has a 7-inch diameter. In terms of height, Aeroccino 3 is approximately one inch shorter. However, their maximum milk capacities are the same for milk foam (120 ml) and hot milk (240ml).
- Whisks: Aeroccino 4 only requires one whisk to prepare milk, while Aeroccino 3 requires two whisks where you use the ring whisk without the coil to heat milk and the other with a wire coil to make cold or hot foam.
- Cleaning: All Aeroccino 4 parts are dishwasher safe except the base, making it easy to clean. Only the whisks are dishwasher safe in Aeroccino 3.
- Price: Of course, you can expect Aeroccino 3 (the older model) is cheaper than Aeroccino 4. This is justifiable considering it has fewer milk options than the newer design.
Whether you want to buy the Nespresso Aeroccino4 Milk Frother for personal use or to gift it to a friend, this device is very suitable for those who have a Nespresso machine and want divine milk froth for hot or cold milk-based espresso drinks.
In short, this kitchen gadget is for someone who can differentiate various form consistencies. The distinction may be minor, but it may be all that makes the difference, especially to the coffee connoisseur, making its higher price worth it.