Spanish Latte Recipe
This recipe will show you how to make hot and iced Spanish latte at home.
- 2 shots espresso or strong coffee
- 2 teaspoons sweetened condensed milk
- Half cup cold milk for iced Spanish latte
- Iced cubes for iced Spanish latte
- Half cup hot milk for hot Spanish latte
Iced Spanish Latte
Pull a shot of espresso or make a cup of strong coffee with your coffee maker.
Add two teaspoons of condensed milk into the cup.
Fill half cup of milk and as many ice cubes as you want into the cup.
Pour your espresso shots or strong coffee over the milk.
Hot Spanish Latte
Add one or two teaspoons of condensed milk into your cup.
Pull single or double shots of espresso directly over the condensed milk in the cup, stir to mix them.
Steam milk, or heat the milk using a microwave. If you like a creamy texture, you can froth milk with a handheld milk frother or using the steam wand on your machine.
Pour the milk over the espresso and condensed milk mixture.
- Traditional Spanish latte uses espresso. If you don't have an espresso machine, you can use Moka pot or Aeropress to brew strong coffee for this recipe.
- How many calories of your Spanish Latte depends on the type of milk and the amount of condensed milk you add. You can add whole milk, 2%, nonfat, oat milk, or any milk you like. Condensed milk has 321 calories per 100 grams, two teaspoons have approximately 10 grams, so it's about 32 calories.
- We prefer using a bigger cup for iced Spanish latte and a smaller cup for hot coffee. You can use any cups you like for this recipe and adjust the amount of coffee and milk.